Student Pass Information (for International Students)

Renewal/Extension of Student’s Pass

Generally, international students studying in Yale-NUS are granted a Student’s Pass for the full-duration of their course in the College.
Students who require an extension of the Student’s Pass should submit a request by emailing at least 3 months before the expiry date of the current Student’s Pass. A copy of the current Student’s Pass and the personal particulars page of the passport should be included in the email.
Students will be required to submit an application through SOLAR, and application details will be sent to students by email. After the application has been approved, students will be required to collect the IPA letter from the Student’s Pass department and make an e-appointment to collect the new Student’s Pass.
What you need to bring to the ICA appointment:

1. IPA letter
2. A valid Passport/travel document (with a validity period of at least 6 months)
3. A current Student’s Pass
4. One recent passport-sized photograph
5. A medical report (Medical Examination MUST be done in Singapore by any registered GP). Please click here.
6. Payment receipts for processing and issuance fees
7. A signed copy of the Terms & Conditions form. Please click here.

Note: Overstaying is a punishable offense under the Immigration Act. Please take note of the expiry dates of your Student’s Pass and apply for an extension at least two months before it expires.

Change of Address / Particulars

International students are required to notify ICA if there are any changes in their passport particulars or place of residence within 14 days of the change. Students can report their change of address by informing Student Services via

You are required to submit your Student Pass (Front and Back) and well as the front page of your passport.

Please provide us the new address to be updated on ICA’s records.


To update passport particulars, international students will have to email a copy of the personal particulars page of their new passport and a copy of the Student’s Pass to

In addition to ICA:
Do keep Registry inform by bringing the original new and old passport and NUS Student ID for verification by staff at Yale-NUS Registry’s Office during office hours for the necessary updates of your official records.

Do send a scanned copy of your new passport details to Student Services via .


Replacement of Student’s Pass

Current students who have lost their Student’s Pass are required to apply for a replacement within seven days from the date of loss in person at the Student’s Pass division at ICA and inform Student Services via .

If a student loses his/her Student’s Pass, whether in Singapore or overseas, he/she is to make a police report with the local police in whichever country he/she has lose it. If the student is abroad and needs a visa to come back, he/she will have to enter Singapore on a tourist visa.

What you need to bring to ICA:
1. A valid passport/travel document (with a validity period of at least 6 months) and one recent passport-sized photograph;
2. A Statutory Declaration signed by the holder or a police report (original copy);
3. A copy of the Student’s Status Letter (click here for more information on how to request for a Student’s Status Letter).
4. A completed copy of the Terms and Conditions form from ICA.

Replacement fees for lost Student’s Pass
First Loss : S$100
Second and subsequent losses : S$300

Staying in Singapore after completion of studies

If the student wishes to have a longer period of stay to look for jobs upon completion of their undergraduate studies, he/she may submit an application for a one-year (non-renewable) long term social visit pass to the Social Visit Pass Unit in ICA for consideration.

Please refer to here for more details.

Cancellation of Student’s Pass

When you cease or terminate your studies, you should surrender your Student’s Pass card for cancellation within seven days.

You can cancel your Student’s Pass in person at:
Visitor Services Centre
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road, Level 4
Singapore 208718
You will need to present the following documents:

• A completed Student’s Pass Cancellation form
• Your valid travel document
• Your Student’s Pass card.
Alternatively, you may surrender your Student’s Pass to the ICA officer at the checkpoint when leaving Singapore.