Pass Information (for International Students)

Renewal/Extension of Student’s Pass

Generally, international students studying in Yale-NUS are granted a Student’s Pass for the full-duration of their course in the College.
Students who require an extension of the Student’s Pass should submit a request by emailing at least two months before the expiry date of the current Student’s Pass. A copy of the current Student’s Pass and the personal particulars page of the passport should be included in the email.
Students will be required to submit an application through SOLAR, and application details will be sent to students by email. After the application has been approved, students will be required to collect the IPA letter from the Student’s Pass department and make an e-appointment to collect the new Student’s Pass.
What you need to bring to the ICA appointment:
1. IPA letter
2. A valid travel document (with a validity period of at least 6 months)
3. A current Student’s Pass
4. One recent passport-sized photograph;
5. A medical report (if the last report was issued more than two years ago)
Processing and issuance fees will apply.
Note: Overstaying is a punishable offense under the Immigration Act. Please take note of the expiry dates of your Student’s Pass and apply for an extension at least a month before it expires.

Change of Address / Particulars

International students are required to notify ICA if there are any changes in their passport particulars or place of residence within 14 days of the change. Students can report their change of address by emailing Students are required to attach a scanned copy of the personal particulars page of their passport and Student’s Pass in the email. It will take two weeks to process the application and the student will be informed of the outcome by post.

To update passport particulars, international students will have to email a copy of the personal particulars page of their new passport and a copy of the Student’s Pass to

Replacement of Student’s Pass

Current students who have lost their Student’s Pass are required to apply for a replacement within seven days from the date of loss in person at the Student’s Pass division at ICA.
If a student loses his/her Student’s Pass, whether in Singapore or overseas, he/she is to make a police report with the local police in whichever country he/she has lose it. If the student is abroad and needs a visa to come back, he/she will have to enter Singapore on a tourist visa.

What you need to bring to ICA:
1. A valid travel document (with a validity period of at least 6 months) and one recent passport-sized photograph;
2. A Statutory Declaration signed by the holder or a police report (original copy);
3. A copy of the Student’s Status Letter (click here for more information on how to request for a Student’s Status Letter). The student has to provide the start and expiry date of the lost Student’s Pass;
4. A completed copy of the Terms and Conditions of Issue for Student’s Pass. Please click here.
Replacement fees for lost Student’s Pass
First Loss : S$100
Second and subsequent losses : S$300

Staying in Singapore after completion of studies

If the student wishes to have a longer period of stay to look for jobs upon completion of their undergraduate studies, he/she may submit an application for a one-year (non-renewable) long term social visit pass to the Social Visit Pass Unit in ICA for consideration.

Please refer to ICA website for more details.

Cancellation of Student’s Pass

International students are required to surrender their Student’s Pass to the Student’s Pass department at the College for cancellation within seven days from the date of cessation or termination of their studies (withdrawal or termination from the programme).

ICA will issue the student a Social Visit Pass to allow him/her to exit the country. If the student fail to do so, he/she will be deemed to be residing unlawfully in Singapore and will be liable for a fine, failing which the student will be charged in court.